1912 Chilean mauser stock

HankC1

I have couple 1912 Chilian Steyr mauser actions that I want to restore back to military configuration and want to find stock set (stock and HG) for short rifle, but all I can find are long rifle stocks. Can long rifle stock shortened to fit short action? A few years ago, short rifle stocks are pretty cheap and now they are all gone!

HankC1

1895 is small ring, 1912 is large ring. I actually have a FN mauser stock and a standard German K98 hand guard but they don't go together well and 1912 has a different rear sight opening. So many mausers and so many different stocks! If I get the 1912 long rifle stock and cut it, I am not sure if the nose piece would go together well. I will need the metal parts too, have metals from a 1895 mauser stock, but they are different. I do have another 1912 mauser in military form that I can compare with.

Edited 12/10: Never mind. I order the 1912 long rifle stock from Liberty which appears to come with HG and metal parts. At $80 for a complete stock set, not a bad price by today's standard. Hope it can be modified to fit short rifle (in 7.62NATO). Will see.

Last edited: