1911 question

BornFighting88

Hey all!

Looking for the 1911 experts among us. Does anyone here know of an officers size 1911 that uses a unramped barrel like the full size Kimber "II" series??

I have noticed that my unramped full size is stupid reliable, eating whatever I feed it. My ramped 1911 only likes a certain few bullet types and sometimes even struggles to chamber one of them. Almost like it is a little weak in the forward stroke after a mag change.

Also, could it be recoil spring needs looked at?? 8 year old pistol that gets range time whenever I go. (~4 times a month.)

Thanks.

Polinese

Metro Arms has the compact commander, officer frame, commander slide. Forget who is importing them now. I've had one for several years and only recently retired it as my CCW

Other than Para-Ordnance, I have never seen an Officers-size 1911 in .45 ACP that DIDN'T have an unramped barrel. Is yours a .45 or a 9mm? What make and what model?

Rob228

I've got an early S&W 1911Sc, its commander length and has an unramped barrel. I think the same model is now the 1911PD, not sure if they changed the barrel design though.

Just noticed you said officer size not commander size.

BornFighting88

Kimber Ultra CDP II officers size. Did a bit of trouble shooting with the magazines, I think those are pretty well figured out. The recoil assembly is factory original. Might replace that and see if it helps. Can't hurt, as springs are wear parts in my view.

Would prefer Yank-made. Aguila Blanca, thanks for insight. Mine is also 45 ACP.