1911 parts...

Beentown71

Looking to buy some parts for a 9mm 1911 I have coming. Since this is a 9mm is there a different sized parts for it compared to the 1911a1? I figure there is for the bushing but maybe not. Anyway here is what I am wanting to purchase all in stainless:

Grip screws (hex head preferred)
Slide stop
Barrel bushing
Oversized mag release
Skeleton trigger
" " hammer
Single sided safety

Where would you recommend I go to buy these parts? I have had other 1911's but I have never looked to upgrade or change things out before.

Thanks in advance.

Hunter Customs

The only part on your list that's caliber specific is the slide stop.
Greider makes excellent forged slide stops, as a matter of fact he makes slide stops for others who sell them under their name.
You will want the 9mm/38super slide stop.

I agree Brownell's is a good place to shop for parts.
I don't know if Brownell's still carries the Greider slide stops in their inventory, if not I still have a few in stock.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Beentown71

Thanks all. Brownells seems to be the ticket. Bob thanks for the tip on the slide stop.

I am not a huge 1911 fan but I love their triggers and ease of customizing it yourself. SO much easier to work on than any other I have done including:

CZ82
Springfield XD9
High Standard Model HB
Ruger 22/45
Kahr CM9

This project is making me "Jones" to do a full parts build. Frame up sort of deal. I love working metal and have all the tools. Hmm...Going to check pricing to see how deep I am going to get in parts. Wonder how much a 1911 build will be for me compared to my latest AR build?

I appreciate learning a weapon system down to the detents. I guess I get to learn how to tune the ejector...

The slide stop may or may not be caliber specific. Awhile back I added a 9mm slide and barrel to a .45 Auto 1911 to make a convertible. "Knowing" about the difference in slide stops, I dutifully included a 9mm slide stop in the parts order. When I put it all together, I had lots of feeding problems. I put the .45 slide stop back in and the problems went away. And the slide still locked open on empty.

Later, I had a .45 1911 (a different pistol) that failed to lock open with some magazines. I put the "9mm" slide stop in that gun, and the problem was solved.

Tolerance stacking.

Another vote for Brownells, BTW.