1911 mags.

Gonzo_308

In my opinion the best mags are the Wilson Rogers 47D's. they are somewhat expensive but i've never had a problem with any of mine in any of my 1911's

KPS

Wilson 47D's and Chip McCormick 8rd Powermags have functioned flawlessly in all my 1911s.The CMC's being a bit cheaper but of the same quality.Aside frome having a trade discount at www.brownells.com , www.natchezss.com seems to have the best price on Wilson magazines.

AndABeer

I prefer McCormick's Power Mags over Wilsons myself as the former has a metal follower. I have been told that the plastic follower on the Wilson is a "self-lubricating" design improvement but they do wear down after a steady beating by the slide stop. That is to say the 8 Wilsons in my possession have done this, four of which no longer hold the slide back after the last round. I am reasonably sure a call to Wilson would result in free replacement followers but the McCormicks are chugging right along so I have not bothered.

Snowdog

I bought 5 Chip McCormick Shooting Stars after the purchase of my Kimber Custom Classic a few years ago. To this day, I am thoroughly satisfied with these magazines. The appear to be well made and they've yet to malfunction in any way.

The only vice I've found with these particular mags is the fact it cannot be stripped for cleaning. I understand the recent manufacture ShootingStars can be.

Overall, I am pleased.

h_tolley

I use mostly Wilson Combat 8 rnd, with the smaller metal basepad instead of the large plastic one. McCormick 8 rnd power mags are also very good. I wouldn't carry any other than those two magazines, though I'd fill up others to take to the range.

-Hal