1911 Magazine in a Glock 21

So, yes, it is possible. Here's proof:

1911_glock_21_sm.jpg

It seated and locked. And there was much gnashing of teeth during the removal process. Just because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.

1911_glock_21_top_sm.jpg

Fortunately, the gun was unable to chamber a round.

Theohazard

Just because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.
Most of the people I've seen trying to buy .45 GAP don't realize it's not .45 ACP. So I once shot a box of .45 GAP out of a Glock 21 just to see if it would work. It functioned flawlessly; the extractor held the cartridge in place even though it couldn't headspace properly and there were no malfunctions. But I wouldn't recommend doing this, especially with any design less-robust than a Glock 21.

AK103K

Wrong reload on the belt. You're not living until you try to load your flashlight.
LOL, I know the feeling. I once tried to load a Cricket Lighter, that was in the same pocket as my shells, into a 20 ga. pump while my eyes were on the man eating critter I shot and wounded, and was still trying to get me. Thank god I still had my 2" Model 19 along, or that crazed squirrel would have gotten me for sure! :)

Old Stony

Now I know that in an emergency I can get another kind of mag in my Glock...If I can just find a hammer close by. Why even try something like this? How about wrapping a .40 in duct tape and trying it to see if it fires okay in your .45.

Uncle Malice

Most of the people I've seen trying to buy .45 GAP don't realize it's not .45 ACP. So I once shot a box of .45 GAP out of a Glock 21 just to see if it would work. It functioned flawlessly; the extractor held the cartridge in place even though it couldn't headspace properly and there were no malfunctions. But I wouldn't recommend doing this, especially with any design less-robust than a Glock 21.

Yep. Similarly, I've seen people boasting about shooting .40S&W through a 10mm.

I don't understand why... just get a 40 conversion barrel. I have one for my G20... Cheap insurance to avoid catastrophic failure.

You're not living until you try to load your flashlight.

So I'm not the only one who's done that! ;)

Nope, this wasn't a tactical reload. It was just a guy with two guns and two magazines on the bench, and well...if it doesn't seat, just give it a good slap.

*raises hand* I would be intrested in the backstory of why the flip someone would do that?

Good question. Unfortunately, there isn't always a "why." Asking why just leads to hot chipotle tears of despair. There's just "how the heck do I pry this guy's mag loose?"

Sevens

There's just "how the heck do I pry this guy's mag loose?"
Sheeesh, they teach this in the first week of gunsmithing school, it's quite basic.

1) Field strip the Glock pistol, removing the slide and barrel
2) Take polymer frame and put it in the toaster oven, 450 degrees for 10 minutes
3) Carefully remove polymer frame from toaster oven
4) Push 1911 magazine down from the top
5) Allow parts to cool
6) Find packaging box
7) Address label to "Smyrna, Georgia"
:cool:

Sevens, I've really got to question your advice. Nowhere in your procedural did you mention the use of a Dremel tool.

Besides, as we all know, Glock frames have a melting point of 120°. Couple that with the fact that the 1911 is incapable of feeding any sort of ammunition reliably, and I could have just left it on the dashboard of my car for an hour to render the whole thing inert and harmless.

That, or just yank really hard.

AZAK

Now if you would have done this with a Wilson Combat mag...

You could have a Son Clock! (You know, a sundial...)

eddyb74

Loading a flashlight? I can beat that. My buddy shoved a granola bar into his shotgun while trying to bust up a flock of turkeys one year...

Theohazard

eddyb74 posted
Loading a flashlight? I can beat that. My buddy shoved a granola bar into his shotgun while trying to bust up a flock of turkeys one year...
This is one of the funniest things I've seen on these boards!