1911 grips that can be engraved

Foxy

Does anyone know where I can get some 1911 grips that can be engraved? I'd really like wood ones with a small plate in the center, but anything would work.

For those wondering why, I bought myself a Kimber Pro Carry to celebrate being promoted to 1Lt, and I'd like to have a little commemoration on the grips.

Majic

It sounds like you need the engraver to supply the plates for the engraving and then have a custom grip maker or even a good wood craftsman to inlet the stock panels for the engraved plates. Then it's a simple matter of gluing the plates in place.

IZinterrogator

GunGrips

These are aluminum grips, but they are pretty nice. They can engrave any image you want on them. I recently bought a pair from them. They come in black or olive gray and can have a monogram on them, too.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sample grips.jpg
    sample grips.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 167

Foxy

Those Alumagrips look really nice - I'll take a look into those! Thanks for the pointers, guys.

I took the Pro Carry out shooting today. I had a few FTF's, and a few times, the slide did not return fully to battery, though tapping on the back of it would force it forward. Hopefully these bugs will go away once the pistol is broken in.

One annoying thing was that it tended to eject straight back into my forehead/face. I think that's an extractor tension problem, right? Anything I can do to adjust it myself (it has an externa one)?

I also took out my Kahr-made Auto-Ordinance 1911. The extractor broke near the end of the shooting session :( I'm purchasing a Wilson Combat one to replace it, but hopefully it's a drop in replacement.

Even with the bugs, I had a great time shooting today. It's the first time since late March that I've been, due to a move and a new job.

Some of the guns I shot:
P7170026Medium.jpg

Kimber in full recoil:
P7170012Medium.jpg

A man does not live by pistols alone, though:
P7170005Medium.jpg

S.E.R.T.SGT

Foxy, as an FYI, I have owned four Kimbers (Including the Pro Carry) and I can tell you I HIGHLY recomend them as good quality guns. Having said that I did have a Classic that I had to send back to Kimber twice for the same issues you described. I was told by Kimber that they try and keep everything so "tight" in their guns that sometimes they need to have small adjustments done. After the second time back, it worked liked a champ. Kind of a pain though to keep going back with it.(Especially after paying that much.) Hope everything works out for you, if so you'll be glad you got it.