1911 GRIPS... Show and Tell...

Sixer

I FINALLY purchased my first 1911 this past week :) I don't have it in my hands yet... so no pics. Waiting is the hardest part - I think that's a Tom Petty song...

Anyway, now that I have a 1911 (kind of) I need to pic out some awesome grips!

What is your 1911 wearing?? Let's see 'em!

DSC06175.jpg
DSC05333.jpg

Joe_Pike

I want a set of Smiley Face grips for my compact RIA 1911, and not the Watchmen blood spattered set. I've only located one maker and they are priced at $75. I just don't want to spend that on a RIA 1911 when the grips I have on it are perfectly serviceable.

Creeper

I want a set of Smiley Face grips for my compact RIA 1911, and not the Watchmen blood spattered set. I've only located one maker and they are priced at $75. I just don't want to spend that on a RIA 1911 when the grips I have on it are perfectly serviceable.

As in no-bullet-hole-in-the-head smiley face? Like these? If you don't like the wording, they'll delete it.

Quincunx

My polished elk grips courtesy of Mr. Patrick Grashorn. Inlaid with antique coins for medallions.

Last edited:

Quincunx

ARGH! Can't get the picture to upload for some reason. However, you can to go to granshornsgunworks.com and see them on the website.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354200763.518298.jpg10-8 performance. 5pli. "Dirty olive"

I sanded them down a bit. Much smoother now and feels great. :)

SIG 1911 XO - Custom SA Mil-Spec 1911 - Colt Golf Cup Trophy 1911 - Colt Series 70 1911 - SIG P226 e2 - BHP Stainless - BHP Blue - W. PPQ - Glock 17,34,19,21,22 - S&W M19-4 - Hk USP 40

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354204214.671506.jpg

Didn't know factory was allowed! Lol bad assumption!

The colts are factory. SA hogue. And you know about the SIG already ;) lol the other colt is at the smiths.

SIG 1911 XO - Custom SA Mil-Spec 1911 - Colt Golf Cup Trophy 1911 - Colt Series 70 1911 - SIG P226 e2 - BHP Stainless - BHP Blue - W. PPQ - Glock 17,34,19,21,22 - S&W M19-4 - Hk USP 40

lamarw

OK Sharp Dressed, where did you get the carved grips of what looks like oak leaves. They are beautiful.

Fishbed77

Didn't know factory was allowed! Lol bad assumption!

The OP didn't specify, so I figured I'd show off my XSE :)

I'm surprised how much nicer the rosewood grips look than the ones shown on Colt's website or their catalog.

The OP didn't specify, so I figured I'd show off my XSE

I'm surprised how much nicer the rosewood grips look than the ones shown on Colt's website or their catalog.

Hence my bad assumption. lol

Brother, that XSE is beautiful. Love the factory grips it has on it. Don't sell those of course.

Would you want to try something else? I tried the 10-8 ones I have now on my SIG 1911, on my Colt Gold Cup Trophy <-- (mouthful) and it looks really good.

If you want me to I'll post a picture when I get home for you?

Digger686

"Gritty grips" on my modified 1970's Colt:

image-3.jpg

Very accurate gun and good grips make it very shootable, although it isn't going to win a beauty contest!