1911 fanatical purists only NM midrange .

Redneckrepairs

Ok guys a curiosity question that is hard to answer , and with a kicker . I wont post this in guns for sale since its not my gun but a buds .

What is a NM mid range .38 spec worth in your area . ?

The reason i ask is that i was approached today by a bud who is not real computer savvy to assist him in finding a median value , He happens to have one he wants to sell . Condition wise i would rate it at a 90 to 95% gun ( the mainspring housing has been replaced with a pachmeyer semi arched padded one . ) , and it shows some slight blue wear .

Imho it grades better than this example http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...&cm_ite=netcon

I did not have my cam so no good pics of it , but pics can be taken and emailed .

Not to spoil a sale but the figure he had in mind is somewhat cheaper than the one on the link i posted .

The handgun has NO box NO papers and as far as i know ONE mag , at least that is all he took out when we shot it today .

Plz post some idea of what they are going for here , and if your intrested in the pistol plz drop me a pm and i will arrange for you to hook up with the seller . I get NO commission or fee , this is a favor for him , and for you if you are wanting one of these specialty 1911s to round out your collection .

Thanks for the read and time and any info .

Edited to add He will ship nationwide USA to your ffl , I wont go out on a limb on shipping costs but would imagine about 25 bucks on top of any sale , but work that out with him .

Redneckrepairs

Wild YOU ill just hook up with his email you will have a pm inbound shortly .

Edited to change , scratch pm , i have your email , ill just send details there .

Guys i Know that Wild is serious on this , plz dont fish , troll , ect on this , the guy who has the pistol makes the deal not me , but he is a friend and i dont want his email flooded with curiosity mails . If you are not looking for this pistol please dont contact for his info .

Powderman

Just a quick question or two..

First, is this pistol chambered for .38 Special or .38 AMU? There is a BIG difference.

Second, how many magazines are with the pistol?

Thanks for the info.

Peter M. Eick

I see a couple a year down at Collector's Firearms here in Houston. Hit the web, they are "online" so to speak and may have one in stock right now.

My observation is they are not quick movers even though I have considered buying on for fun. Most seem to come with one mag and most seem to be shot a lot. Thus I have not really seen the specimen I was willing to spend money on.

Sorry I don't have a good price, but they do not seem to carry a premium to normal 1911's, actually the AMU ones sell at a slight discount and the 38 wadcutters are "par for the course". These are just observations though.

cdrt

One of the guys I shoot with in Amarillo picked up a Clark longslide .38 Special conversion for just under $1K last year, which is pretty reasonable. I could not get your link to work, so I have no idea what kind of .38 you're talking about.

I've seen some Clark's on gunbroker and usually they want too much for the pistol. Mid-range magagzines are going for a premium on eBay, so if he had more than one mag, it would up the price a little. Of course, Triple K makes a decent after market mag and they're less expensive and they work.

I should mention, when I had my Clark done in the '80s, the cost for the conversion was around $350. Now they want a lot more and I just heard through the grapevine that Clark Jr. does not like doing them. Mine was done by his Dad back when.