1903 Colt .32 acp magazine question

Sid

I understand that four models of this pistol were made. Are the magazines interchangeable for all four models? I read somewhere that the first and second models have their own magazine. Is this true?

RickB

I know that early versions of the '03 and '08 were different enough that the mags are not interchangeable - the '03 magwell won't accept the larger '08 mag - but I've seen/heard others claim that you can change calibers with only a barrel and mag swap, so Colt may have made some dimensional changes. Don't know how it affects .32 mags.

Rodger_p

As RickB stated, as long as you stick with the .32 mags all iterations of the 1903 should accept the same mags. I had a friend that had a 1st year production and we could use mags from a type 3 and type four. The type 4, by the way, had a mag disconnect. The mags were the same though.

tallball

I have a 1903 from around 1915. I bought a Triple K magazine for it, but the magazine didn't work. It had a slot on the side in the wrong spot, or something like that.

Rodger_p

As far as the Triple K mags, I have had a few, both in .380 and .32

They were all a few thousanths too long. I used an emery board and "sanded" the bottom of each mag until they fit. They functioned perfect after that.

Ibmikey

My experience with Tripple K mags is not a favorable one quality and fit considered, however, I did get one for my 1903 that has worked without any problems.