1903 .32 Colt barrel/relining

Rodger_p

Does anyone know if one can purchase .32 acp liners to reline a colt barrel?

Or, is anyone currently making these. I know that Numrich made some years ago, but I have not see any available for a long time.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Have you tried Wisner's (360-748-4590 | Fax 360-748-6028)?

I am not sure how well a liner will work on that barrel. The .32 ACP is a fairly high pressure round (c. 20k) and that would be on the high edge of the pressure range usually recommended for a liner. I am also not sure about the rifling twist, but I guess that would not be too important on a pocket pistol.

Jim

Chuck Dye

1903 Pocket Hammerless?

In the past, Numrich has had new manufacture barrels for all variants of the 1903 Pocket Hammerless. Their web site does not currently list them (why didn't I buy two when I had the chance?:mad:) but says to call 866-NUMRICH (866-686-7424) if an item is not found. May be worth a try...

Rodger_p

Thanks for the suggestions. Numrich does not plan on producing any barrels in the foreseeable future, the same with Wisners.

The search continues...

PetahW

These folks might have an entire (good) barrel:

Colt Parts
P.O.Box 65641
Vancouver, WA 98665
(tel) 360-737-2658

James K

Member In Memoriam
I have never done it, but that barrel should not be too hard to make given a piece of .311" groove diameter (.303 cal.) barrel and a lathe. Probably not cheap, though, unless a DIY job.

Jim

Rodger_p

Well, the email contact person at Brownell's suggested calling Dick Williams gun shop and ask for Doug.

They had a "very good" barrel for $55.00

It is on it's way... :)

Glad it's been resolved. For others, there's Bobby Hoyt at Der Freischutz Shoppe in Pennsylvania. He'll reline your barrel for you.