1900 German Luger American Eagle DWM value?

Deadeyeontarget

Pictures attached. Not good quality pics but the best I have right now. The mag has a plastic pull but looks to be the same age as the pistol. Serial number on frame and barrel is 9520. Serial number on frame is worn but you can still read it. Friend wants to sell it to me soon and I am trying to come up with a reasonable offer. I have never owned a Luger but this one looks interesting. Help!

Attachments

• moto_0561.jpg
    moto_0561.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 74

44 AMP

Staff
Standard Catallog of Luger

Lists the 1900 American Eagle as poor-$1000 Excellent -$4500 Published in 2006.

Can't begin to tell you a fair value today, as prices have ballooned on virtually everything, but from the blurry pic the gun looks to be "fair".

the proper magazine is tin plated wrap around sheet metal body with wooden base, not ser# or proof marked.

The 1900 American Eagle model is considered "scarce" with between 6000-8000 made.

Hope this helps.

Mosin44az

The cover story in the current (March 20) Shotgun News is all about the various Lugers.As I read it, the American Eagle Lugers are worth $3000 for rare examples, and prices have dropped a bit for all but the rarest samples.

trigger643

The best place to ask for help in valuing (and possibly selling), this gun is over on the lugerforum.com

I've been a member over there for about 15 years. Great bunch of folks and highly knowledgeable. There is also a buy/sell/trade section.

I sold my own 1900 American Eagle with a ser# just a few hundred off yours over there.

I hesitate to give you a value here, as the picture you provide is quite poor and my expertise in Lugers is fairly specific Mauser and Erfurt PO8 and LP08 (there are just too many variations over the 45 year production for me to rap my little mind around).