1895 Nagant holster?

deerslayer303

Has anyone found anything that will work other than that ridiculous looking thing that the pistol comes with? I'm thinking I may want to carry this thing around the farm will working. I usually carry my cap and ball revolver. But I may want to change it up. Also, is it safe to carry these things with a full 7 rounds. I was checking it out tonight and I don't think it would be a problem.

Rainbow Demon

Besides military issue holsters before and after WW2 many smaller firms offered generic military type holsters for both revolvers and autoloaders. This sort of holster would be bought up by just about any user to suppliment the standard military issue.
I've seen these offered for sale in the past but they were made in such limited numbers I doubt many could be found now days.

I would think that from the general dimensions of the Nagant that a holster made for the S&W M&P should work, and possibly the Naval aviator style shoulder holster meant for the Victory Model. Replicas of the shoulder holster are available.

m&p45acp10+1

I would say check out some of the nylon one size fits many type holsers. Get one that has the velcro top strap. Even if it does not fit like a glove it will fit close enough, and iwth the strap it will keep it from coming out.

noelf2

The ridiculous looking holster hides the whole ridiculous looking revolver. Don't get me wrong, ridiculous or not, I love my Nagant.

noelf2

If this is a dead horse, I don't mean to beat it, but after seeing that a GP100 or S&W L frame holster might work for Nagants, I had to try it in an old leather holster I had lying around which looks like it would fit an L Frame. Seems to work like a charm. Not fashionable, but would do well for farm work. If you google images for B07-44SF and/or the nomenclature 1095-00-480-6807, you will see the holster. Here's a pic of my nagant in the holster:

attachment.php

Attachments

• thumbhagant.jpg
    thumbhagant.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 541

Old Smoker

I was looking for a holster, in leather for my nagant. I finally found a guy in Oregon, that hand makes them. About two weeks ago, I ordered a simple cross draw from him in black. Cost, delivered $55.00. As soon as I receive it, I will post a pic and his address if anyone is interested. He told me about three weeks from date of order.

Cheapshooter

Us gunners are a strange lot. Spend fifty bucks to but a custom hoster for a hundred dollar pistol that came with a holster designed for it. That even has a built in pouch for an additional loading of ammo.
On well, each to his own. If modern style is important to you for a 100 year old design, then go for it.:D