oldbear1950

do any of you have any experience with either the Italian 1886s or the Japanese MIROKU built Winchester 1886s?
I am saving up my money for one. Only problem I have with either one, is if parts are needed they have to send overseas for them.
It is my understanding both are built on the metric system of screws, vice the inch system of the originals.
But I do know that Turnbull uses Italian parts to build his version of the 1886, or an original that is in bad shape.

Straitshot

I have 3 Winchester/Miroku 1886 rifles and love them. One is an early Browning SR carbine without the tang safety. The other two have the tang safety and rebounding hammer. I had rather not have the safety or rebonding hammer but they are what they are. The tang safety desn't really bother me and both rifles have always fired when I pulled the trigger. Neither have ever given me a bit of trouble and have been 100% reliable and are excellent shooters. Their fit and finish is superb.

I do not own a Uberti or Pedersoli but have handled them. They are nice rifles and I understand shoot well. Personally I prefer the Winchester/Miroku and think it is a better quality rifle. That said, I don't think you can go wrong with either rifle and they are about the same price.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC05092-1.jpg
    DSC05092-1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

105kw

Recently, 2 people I know bought Cimarron 1886 Rifles, they are built buy Pedersoli.
I was impressed by the fit and finish on them. Their owners report good accuracy.
I have owned Browning 1886s since they were introduced. I still own my favorite 45-70 saddle ring carbine. Which I bought brand new in 1992 or so.
I have always preferred the straight stock configuration, and no added modern safety. So if I was in the market, I would go to Cimarron.