1847 Uberti Walker on Gunbroker

Model12Win

The original cylinder were in the white and the grips looked much different. The cylinder can be bleached with vinegar but the grips are too goofy. PASS.

TruthTellers

Great price, no doubt, but the Walker and Dragoon are ridiculously large and heavy guns, even by black powder standards. Add to that the awful sights... I'd never own one.

Would be cool if somebody took an 1858 and lengthened the cylinder to hold 60 grains. Put that on the 12 inch buffalo with adjustable sights and get a .45 Black Powder Magnum conversion cylinder going and you'd have a hell of a powerhouse percussion pistol.

Model12Win

Great price, no doubt, but the Walker and Dragoon are ridiculously large and heavy guns, even by black powder standards. Add to that the awful sights... I'd never own one.

Would be cool if somebody took an 1858 and lengthened the cylinder to hold 60 grains. Put that on the 12 inch buffalo with adjustable sights and get a .45 Black Powder Magnum conversion cylinder going and you'd have a hell of a powerhouse percussion pistol.
+1.

That sounds good, much better than a Walker.

CLYA

I've always enjoyed history, and the development of weapons, especially during the 1800's. Therefor, I do own the Walker & Dragoon replica's, in addition to quite a few other black powder revolvers & pistols. IMO, they're all interesting, and fun to shoot.

maillemaker

You buy a Walker to see what it was like to shoot the most powerful handgun in the world until the advent of the .357 Magnum. You buy a Walker to see what it was that got Captain Walker to get Sam Colt to build a 6-shot carbine you could hold in your hand.

Steve

Bimus

I like the Uberti Walker it was the first black powder revolver I got in the 80's I have used it on a lot of small game mostly Grouse

Model12Win

He's already sold a mess of them. People need to get on this NOW if they want one.

Also for god's sake, bleach the cylinder with vinegar so it at least looks passingly like an original.

He needs to put some Uberti Remys on sale, that's one gun that I want.

Last edited:

rclark

You buy a Walker to see what it was like to shoot the most powerful handgun in the world until the advent of the .357 Magnum. You buy a Walker to see what it was that got Captain Walker to get Sam Colt to build a 6-shot carbine you could hold in your hand.
Yep... Historical shooting. Love it. I won't carry one in the woods, but once in awhile the Walker will go to the range with me. Also when 'talking' guns, it is fun to pull out and do some comparisons to later Colt revolvers with people. Good conversation piece... It's just not a 'hip' holstered revolver or for quick draw ;) .

Model12Win

They were carried on the belt:

311f645babaadd5ee4175e5482c568b6.jpg

That's Colonel Walker, BTW.

Last edited: