17 Remington

VMUTH

Would like to find out which manufacturers make a 17 cal. remington besides Sako and Remington. Am I dreaming if I'm looking for a synthetic stock with ss or blued action and bull barrel? (Personally, I think the rem. 700 bdl has a look that only a mother could love).

Thanks.

V.Muth

stinger

If not now, there will be some before too long. I have been seeing more and more of the 17's at the range lately. Although I don't really have a need for one, to each their own. Aint nothing I can't get with the 17 that I couldn't with the 22.

Stinger

gconan

Marlin makes a stainless steel synthetic stock 17cal. Thick Free floated barrel I believe:cool:

They also make a blued wood stock version.

BluRidgDav

I think VMUTH is asking about the .17 Remington certerfire cartridge (25gr @ 4000fps)
NOT the .17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire (17gr @ 2500fps).

I would think that the small Sako A-1 action would be the perfect start of a custom .17 REM rifle, or a Remington model 7.

Steven Mace

.17 Remington rifles

17rem.gif

VMUTH, the only other companies I'm aware of that chamber for the .17 Remington caliber in a 'production' rifle would be Cooper Arms in their Model 21 or New Ultra Light Arms in their Model 20 rifle. Neither of the would be considered a inexpensive choice.

Steve Mace