163 gr. FMJ AP rounds in a .300 Win Mag?

.357SIG

I have exactly 1,004 pulled 30-06 M2 AP bullets that I got from a friend. I would like to know if there is any 163 gr. load data out there for the .300 Win Mag.

Also, I've never loaded for .300 WM and do not want to spend a lot of time searching for a good powder, as I don't have a lot of AP bullets to waste. Any powder recommendations for lighter .300 WM loads? I'd like accuracy and good velocity, if possible. This will be used in my 24" bbl Rem 700 LSS.

Thanks, folks.

Wraith

Ooheee boy! That oughta be fun! I would imagine you can get those things to really fly! :D

You can probably get what... an easy 3100 fps?

.357SIG

From what I hear, a guy on AR15.com can get 3200 FPS out of it easy. I'd bet that will penetrate some 1/2" steel with no problem at all.

zeisloft

I like H1000, as for the load data, you should be able to find book value info on 167 gn-ers. I'd be supprised if you arent running closer to 3200-3300fps. I'm running 3150 with 190s in a 26".
~z

QuickTrig

That sounds fun, but what are you going to use them for? Blowing holes in engine blocks or what?

See if you can find some old steel manhole covers and blow some holes in those suckers :D