150 gr round nose flat point bullet

rebs

would this be a 38 or a 9mm being as its 150 gr ? I loaded them in 38 spl cases with 3.0 of WST and they shoot great groups. Probably the most accurate bullet I have shot in my model 19. I would like to find out what they are and try to find more of them. A guy gave me a bag of them and all it said on the bag was 150 gr flat point. They are sized .357 with a length of .642. They have 0ne lube groove with blue lube in it. There is no crimp groove. I am thinking maybe he cast them. But he no longer lives around here to find out.

Last edited:

rebs

I have been researching the net and I am thinking they are home cast 9mm using a 147 gr flat tip mold and with his lead they cMe out to weigh 150 gr.
Now how much difference in accuracy would you expect between .357 and .358 sizing ?

Mobuck

"would this be a 38 or a 9mm being as its 150 gr ?"

It is a "38" based on the .357 and the round nose flat point profile. 150 grain isn't common for a 9mm nor is .357 diameter.

T. O'Heir

"...a .38 or a 9mm..." Measure the diameter. The weight has nothing to do with it.
Since they're .357" diameter, they're .38/.357 bullets. 9mm uses .355" jacketed or .356" cast.
3.0 grains of WST is over Max for a 148 grain cast bullet. Not by much though. The 2 grains won't make any difference. Suggest you buy and read a manual.