$149 Which should I buy/ Rem 11-48 or Nef pardner pump

superpelly

I have two shot guns on hold at Scheels 1) Remington 11-48 12ga modifed semiauto (95%)
2) Nef Marlin Pardner Pump 12ga (brand new) (like a 870 rem)

They are asking $149.00 for either gun. I want to keep one up at my cabin.

Which should I buy? I have till tommrrow to pick them up.

I have several nice shot guns, I'm not looking for nothing special.

Last edited:

TheKlawMan

For what prupose do you want to keep it at your cabin? One is pretty old and one is new if you only consider reliability and the availability of parts.

superpelly

Wall Hanger..... Occasional Grouse in the yard, partridge, etc... or the the wolves that I have spotted a few times stalking my dog, Bears. I'm leaning towards the newer shot gun, Nef Pardner Pump, I have read that they are just like the Remington 870, Most parts and accessories will swap out except for the barrel. I also read that the reciever is much stronger.

I do have a, Browning auto 12 light, benelli nova, browning citori and a Browning BPS.

I just want a cheap shotgun, so I can leave it up there and not worry about packing any of my guns.

149$ is pretty cheap. I think.

Vt.birdhunter

Ive got 2 11-48's, one in 16, the other in 12. Id swear they kick worse than a pump 12.

The NEF is an interesting pump for a collection, id swing that way.

Archametes

I have the Pardner pump 12ga "protector" and it is a really solid gun. Almost anything you can do to the 870 you can do to the NEF. I just put an 870 tactical stock on mine without any fitment issues at all. I've put about 500 shells combined of target load, 00 buck, and slugs through it in the past 3 weeks, have had no issues and , well, i REALLY like it .... i'd say the NEF for sure.

bobn

i am in denial. in anything i do with hobbies which are mainly to forget about reality i buy old second hand made in America goodies. dont care if cheapier, better or whatever is available. imho buy the remington. even a old high standard would get my attention, fwiw, bobn

superpelly

Ok, I only bought one and it was the Remington 11-48, It felt much better when in shooting postion and lighter, the Pardner was very heavy and the butt stock would get snagged under my arm pitt when going to a shooting position. I took the 11-48 apart and cleaned it, shot it with no problems. :) It will be a nice cabin gun.

bobn

i live pretty close to siren wisc....lots of hunting fishing in the fishbowl area. your cabin close by? bobn

superpelly

Gordon/Solon Springs/Barns Between Hwy 53 & Hwy 27 (E and W) and County Y and county A (N and S)

Last edited:

samcro90

hands down 11-48

i have an 11-48 and it is great had it for 8 years and not one problem great gun and thats a great price for it to