13 Rnd magazine for BDA.380

Fer

I am looking for the 13 round mag for the BDA.380 as my gun came with the 10 round mags. I found a Mecgar mag but I do not know if this is a manufacturer I should trust. Please advise.

Regards,

GeorgeF

Mecgar should be fine, they make a lot of magazines and wouldn't be in business still if they weren't consistent - but anything after-market is always a crap shoot for me. It may not be an option for you, but when I want spare magazines for a pistol, I bring it to a gun show and try the magazines in the pistol right there. No vendor has had an issue with that practice and most have commented that they are happy to let me since it means I won't be bringing the product back.

Hopefully someone can shed more light on this issue specifically for the BDA .380. Otherwise maybe use a place where you can return the item if fir is bad.

Good luck!

Fer

Georgef,

I can try it at the store, it should fit as it labeled for the Beretta 84, but if it fits it does not mean it will feed reliably correct?

Fer

Thanks PSP,

I did not know they made the original Beretta mags, I tought they made for Sigsauer and S&W if I am not mistaken. Still it is comforting to know that it will be the same as if it came in the box with the gun from factory.

Thank you all, this info has cleared my doubts, I will buy the mag.

Regards,

theberettaman

MecGar has never been the OEM magazine manufacturer for Beretta.A common internet legend/myth. A company named Meccanica del Sarca,owned by Beretta Holdings makes all the magazines.
As to the original posters concerns,the BDA was made by Beretta for Browning and the magazines for the 84 will interchange without problems.MecGar mags for the BDA are good mags too.

PSP

Fer

Changing the subject a little. At the same store I saw a pair of Pchmayr grips for the BDA, these have a front and back strap, my question is, will the pachmayr grips make the gun bulkier than the original wooden grips? are the front and back straps optional? is there any major advantages to the pacmayrs?

Regards,

PSP

will the pachmayr grips make the gun bulkier than the original wooden grips? are the front and back straps optional? is there any major advantages to the pacmayrs?

The size is close but I think the Pachmayr grip is a bit bigger than wood and even more so compared to plastic. It is too close to count however IMO. The Pachmayr grip does give you a solid, no slip feel. When I carried a Beretta 84 I used the Pachmayr grips, but the 84 is retired now and I put the wood grips back on. It's been a while, but I might add that I remember the rubber eased the recoil just a tad bit too.

Fer

Maybe the front strap could be removed with a gillet razor? or will it affect the instalation of the side panels?

BigDaddy

I have found Mecgar magazines to be the best aftermarket magazines around. Several Manufacturers use Mecgar as their OEM mags. Their website lists the following companies as Mecgar customers:

AMT, Armscor, Astra. Beretta, Bernadelli. FN. Browning , BUL, Charles Daly,
Colt, CZ, IMI, Kel-Tec, Kimber, Llama, North American Arms, Remington
Sigarms, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory, STI , Standard Arms , Star,
Steyr, Tanfoglio, Taurus, Walther,

--Dave