1201fp Fun

123kiwi

Took my new (to me) 1201fp to the range yesterday. Put about 40 slugs through it and a couple of boxes of #2s.
Was frequently hitting targets at the 110 metre line. Great sights, very pointable but [sic] havent been kicked like this for a while!!
Had a feeling the kick was more than out of the defender but maybe only because youre putting more rounds through it??
Great new toy though...
Anyone else use one and how have you found it after time?

Last edited by a moderator:

zippy13

It's physics, the Defender is .6 pounds heaver. That makes a difference in perceived recoil when shooting "boomers". Also, the Defender may fit you better.

123kiwi

Yeah of course, the kick doesnt actually worry me too much, Im really wanting to know how these work out in regards to maintenance, reliability etc...

BusGunner007

I've had a 1201FPG3 for years, and never cleaned it...:eek:
It kicks harder with 3" Magnum slugs than my Remington 700 .375 Ultra Mag.
The Beretta 1201FP is one helluva good shotgun.

Old pic:
10609BM007_BERETTA_1201FPG3_12-GA_L_R.jpg

1993 'BC' Beretta codestamp 12-ga. autoloader.
MMC Ghostring sightset.
Benelli M90 SideSaddle.
Masen 870 'heatshield'.

:D

JoeSmo

I picked up a used 1201fp a few months ago, looks brand new. I took it to the range once and put some slugs thru it, i really like it.

But after looking at these pictures....have to ask...can anything be purchased for this anymore? Mine is pretty plain. plain stock, no heat sheild, no shost ring sites. are any of these available anymore?