12 shots under 3 seconds!

Fer

I saw this guy on Guns & Ammo tv show, he could fire a S&W revolver extreamly fast and realod with a speed loader faster than I have ever seen a semiauto reaload, 12 shots in less that 3 second and He could hit the target Too!. This just goes to show semiauto lovers what the mighty Revo can do, it is not an obsolete wepon, it is getting better everytime.
Anybody knows the name of this revo shooter?

Fer,

Mikeyboy

I have seen it too. I think he has a large stainless steel revolver. You would think he was shooting a full automatic if you just heard the audio. The revolver is probably "supped up" by gunsmithing but it still takes a lot of skill to do that and hit the target.

JoeHatley

He used a stock production S&W 625 in .45 acp, similar to this.

625_3l.jpg

In an interview he gave later, he said nothing had been done to it, other than the action was smoothed and the return spring was swapped for a heavier one.

Joe

Fer

Barr,

That video is unbelivable!! The rest of you guys have to see it if you have not yet. Man that sounds like a full auto!! Wow!!!

Thank for sharing Barr.

GeorgeF

I saw a guy on Shooting USA the other night doing the incrediby fast firing and quick change. This was probably him. One thign I noticed on the guy's revolver was that it was hammerless, or rather it was DA only. No spur to thumb back.

Amazing what some people can do.

schmeky

Would someone please provide a video link so I can see this. A link was provided previouly but it is no longer working.

Huchahucha

S&W offers a Jerry Miculek revolver in .45 acp. I read an interview somewhere where he was explaining his technique and pointing out where most revolver shooters get it bass ackwards when working on speed. One of the things he mentioned was that he uses smooth grips and a serrated trigger as opposed to textured grips and a smooth trigger.

<Foster>

man... imagine if a crew of bad guys tried to break into his house during the night... what the newspaper would read the next morning :p. thats insane.

topspin43

I'm sorry... somethings not right about that video! No one can eject brass and reload that fast. I'll give you 1 sec to shoot 6, one sec to eject, one sec to reload and one sec to shoot 6. That 4 seconds. 2.99? I think not!

Martowski

The Miculek videos are just as they seem.

Every sport has those select few individuals, or individual, who achieve the "impossible." Jerry Miculek is that person to revolver shooting. Prior to him, it was Ed McGivern.

Guy B. Meredith

Uh, actually Jerry does 8 shots in one second with the 627. The 625 just holds 6 rounds so he has plenty of time for a reload.

Jerry is for real and just as nice and unassuming sort as you could wish to meet. Ed McGivern is his role model.

He will probably be at the International Revolver Championship (lushly supported by S&W with help from Dillon and others) in Morro Bay, CA in June. He practically owns the top spot in open class, though Vic Pickett and a couple of others are always breathing down his neck and keeping him honest.

Sometime during the match you can hear the regular rythm that sounds like a full auto and you know that the local media is doing their usual interview.