110 grain Accubond for 2506.

Mike / Tx

Well I can't honestly say they will shoot like this in your rifle, but here is how they group at 250yds from the one I passed over to my daughter,
attachment.php

This was right after cleaning the barrel, low shot is a fouler, and then two for group. We were simply checking the load before hunting season. The rifle is zeroed at 200yds, and the wind was gusting quite a bit. Needless to say I didn't adjust anything.

Disclaimer:
I know a LOT of folks don't consider this a telling group, but trust me when I say this load in this rifle does this consistently time and time again. I don't see the point in wasting barrel life or components simply to show a 10 or more shot group when it has done this for years.

As for the results, well I will let them speak for themselves.
attachment.php

The load is with RL-22, Win-WLR primers, Rem cases trimmed to 2.484, and the OAL is set using a 100gr Ballistic Tip set to 3.250" from base of case to tip of bullet. I say that since this is how I have set the loads up for this rifle for 20yrs. It worked out that way in the beginning, and I haven't changed it. This particular OAL for the 100gr load, also works with the 110gr and the 115gr BT and Partition. They will all shoot like that, and I use the same powder charge for everything but the 100gr BT which uses IMR-4831. I use a dummy round to make sure the seating die is set properly and just go for it.

Attachments

• Michelle-Farm Buck.jpg
    Michelle-Farm Buck.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 413

TheNatureBoy

One of my hunting buddies has uses that bullet in his .25-06 and refuses to use anything else. Very productive combination. Flat and fast.

homesick

This is what I use in my 25 RL 22 and 110 gr accubond , CCI primer , Remington cases. It groups 3/4" at 100 and 2" at 200 yds. Very good load runs out at about 3200 FPS. I stopped using every thing else.
I should tell you I could not find data on this powder and bullet combo but I found it on the net. What I did find was loads ranged from 50 grs. to 58 gr which to much of a spread for me to be comfortable. I called Nosler and spoke to a service tech who informed me that they had tested this combo. He informed me that their max load was 53 gr. which clocked out at 3250 fps. My testing started at 48.5 gr. and worked to 53 grs. I showed very slight pressure at 53 grs. and accuracy was best at that weight also.

Last edited:
110 Gr. Accubond loaded over Retumbo powder is amazing in our Ruger. Using max load get (59 grs and CCI large rifle primer, Hornady brass) 3245 fps over my F-1 cheap chrony. Holes touching at 100 yards. Only used on one nice muley doe so far, but she was down in 30 yards. Lungs were mush. Highly recommend.