11-87 barrel seal

horseman308

Can you use any appropriately sized rubber O-ring to replace the barrel seal on a Remington 11-87, or are you required to use the specific size sold by Remington/Brownells/etc?

Pahoo

Don't go cheapo !!!

I prefer Viton o-rings of the same size from the auto supply house - they last longer than the plain ones from Remington
I'm not aware of what O-Ring Remington provides. I know that with proper care and cleaning, mine have provided good performance. By my measure, Viton would be prefered over Buna-N. So I guess my answer is; no, you can't put just any grade of O-ring and of course, size is a factor .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

AllenJ

After spending $5 on a Remington O-ring and having it fall apart after one morning of shooting ducks I ordered 9 from a guy on Ebay for the same price. I do not know what brand they were but I have yet to use them up.

g.willikers

Hardware store O-rings seem to work ok.
They might not last as long as others, but it's so easy to change one, why not?

johnbt

Size: 12 ga. is #21 and 20 ga. is #19. Grainger's carries Viton, about 3 for $1. Part #2-021 and 2-019.

RsqVet

Yeah... believe me Remmington does not make them, and they are nothing exotic. A bag should be able to be had at McMaster Carr for about 12 bucks or less for 100