10mm Single Stack Mags

jakester

Hearing the rumor of a 10rd 10mm mag from Dawson Precision urged me to pull out the Delta Elite and go shooting. Would love to use it for IPSC Limted 10 competition, but do not want to put myself at a disadvantage. Anyone know of a 10rd solution for the 10mm? Tried my CMC Powermag 10rd 45ACP mags with 10mm and it fed well, even while speed shooting. I fear that I will crack the feed lips with the smaller round. Would be very interested to hear from fellow 10mm enthusiast with the same desire.

jakester

Not a viable solution in my book

I respect your decision, but not a Glock fan myself. As a friend and Glock-lover explains "you either love Glocks or hate Glocks....there isn't any middle ground". I love the 1911 and a nice heavy pistol. I even consider the lightweight 1911's a violation of 1911 heritage. I have also become a fan of the S&W 10mm's. Now they're heavy pistols!

CastleBravo

It's not really a rumor, Dawson Precision really is developing a 10mm/.40 10-round magazine for 1911s. In the meantime, I dunno, maybe the 10-round powermag is a good idea... I wouldn't worry about cracking the feed lips. As long as they feed reliably I say go for it. I use either CMC 9-round magazines with Wilson Combat base pads, or Colt 8-round magazines with Wolff XP springs for my Delta Elite for normal use, and they work very well.

John Forsyth

I have had good luck with the 9rd Metalforms using the Wilson Combat .38Super mag springs in my 10mm single stack.

And one more thing, Screw Glocks! Why is it that every time that someone askes a relevant question about a 1911, that someone always has to say, "GET A GLOCK." I guess I should jump into every Glock thread and say "GET A 1911".

blades67

Yo John, you got a knot in your panties or something? I was being facetious about the Glock. Everyone, but you, seemed to get that.:rolleyes:

John Forsyth

I saw the smilies. It's just getting real old.

Do you have something to contribute to the conversation about single stack magazines in 10mm for 1911's?

jakester

Thanks for the Feedback

Thanks to all with responses to this post. I will keep trying my 10rd CMC 45 mags and may try out a couple other brands. I will repost more information after some shooting and see if there are any long term reliability concerns. Thanks again.