10mm shooters fixed or adjustable sights

RsqVet

What sight set up do the 10mm users out there like?

If you are running fixed sights how badly does your point of impact change between various weight loadings?

I am thinking of a 1911 in 10mm and could see using 135 to 220 gr projectiles, much more of a weight spread than any other semi-auto platform that I use. What would the 10mm crowd advise?

KyJim

My Dan Wesson came with Bomar style adjustable sights. I haven't put a ton of rounds through it and have stuck with 180 gr. bullets. If you're going to use it for hunting or target shooting, you're going to want adjustable sights.

RickB

Though I mostly shoot 200gr bullets through my Delta Elite, I do think adjustable sights are of more value on 10s than on most guns, due to the wide variety of bullet weights and velocities. If you shoot a wide range of bullet weights, and take advantage of the flat-shooting nature of the round to take some shots at greater than normal handgun distances, than definitely go for adjustables.

bamaranger

glock 20

I've had a G20 for some time. When I first got started w/ it, I had to change the fixed rear sight blade to a different height, as it was shooting high at 25 (could have been low, I just don't recall for sure). This was another fixed factory rear. The sights have stayed the same since.

I run 180's, at about 1200 fps + .

RsqVet

OK you guys sold me on adjustable which is how I was leaning.

I don't think 10mm will displace the 6 or so 45 acp guns I have and carry but for hiking it may be my go to gun. I have a number of revolvers but 90% of the time when I head out I put a 45 1911 on my belt and figure it will be good enough for most needs here in AZ. Figure I can up the power a bit in the same platform. OK and I am looking of a new gun excuse and have very few.....

I'd be looking at 200 hard cast for critters and would consider lighter than 180 for goblins.

Stevie-Ray

Well, it's my hiking gun as well. I have 2 10mms , neither of which has adjustable sights. I wish both of them did. Actually, I can do without on my Glock 29, which I use for the woods. The Delta, OTOH, I'd still like to put adjustable sights on, even though I've had it for nearly 25 years. Favorite load is 200 gr DT XTP for the 29, PMC 170 gr HP, or Win. 175 gr ST for the Delta. The PMC load would be great for goblins-not nuclear, but by no means wimpy.