$1000! Need suggestions...

Lucky 7

I have $1000 because of the sale of my customized Witness Carry-Comps .45 (moment of silence please) and birthday money. Need suggestions for a new range/fun/carry-if-there's-ever-a-blizzard-in-Jax gun. Size doesn't matter so fire away people.

Some limits though (and there are a few :rolleyes: ):
No 1911s, Glocks, HKs, SA Revolvers and I already own a BE 9x19, SigPro 2009, CZ-75, SW 19-3 Snubbie, 686 4", Ruger Mk. II. Also, I have a flair for off-the-beaten-path guns.

There has to be enough left over for ammo and a holster so about $800 on the gun itself.

Thanks in advance. :)

Regards and Semper Fi!
-L7

PS Have my eye on a PC 629 6" V-Comp so try to convince me otherwise...

Syntax360

SigArms Mauser M2 in .40 or .45 - great gun and becoming more rare by the day. I love mine. You should have a good bit left over for a holster and tons of ammo.

skeeter1

It sounds to me like you've got all of the basics covered.

Sooo... If I had a grand burning a hole in my pocket (I don't), I'd be thinking along the lines of a S&W Custom Shop revolver.

But that's just me.

Lucky 7

skeeter that's exactly what I'm itching for. I haven't spend more than $500 on a gun and I can't justify spending $1000 on one. Then again you get one shot at life...

Regards and Semper Fi!
-L7

Lucky 7

Sorry forgot to edit the first post to say no Sigs or CZs. One (Sig) is plenty for me ("Yeah Bill, I have a Sig" :D Not knocking Sig lovers, just one SIG is enough.). And I wanna try a different platform than a CZ.

I'm getting picky huh? :D

Regards,
-L7

Ranger61

How about a Colt Python? $1000 will get a pretty nice one or a good used and leave some room for a holster and ammo.:D

roadrash

I cant tell ya what to buy,everybody has different tastes.Maybe a nice pre-lock Smith 629,I see you do not own any big bore handguns !Maybe you save up a couple hundred more and find a nice HK-P7M8, both guns I mention will appreciate.I would not worry about the Holster yet,spend your whole wad on the firearm!It is always easier to save a couple hundred for leather gear than it is to save a grand for a nice pistol.:)

Lucky 7

I forgot about the P7 (forgive me gun gods :p )! Thanks for the reminder...
The 629 V-Comp I'm looking at is a pre-lock (a -5 I believe) and I completely dig the big bore idea...

DonR101395

Revolvers have been invading me again this year. How about a nice pre-lock classic smith a Model 57 or 25 or 21 and a case of ammo.

joshua

$1000 for gun, ammo and holster... hmmm... I'm sorry I'm too much of a 1911 or Ruger man to break your rule. :D I'd be giving Caspian Arms a call. :D Sorry couldn't keep it in me. josh

Lucky 7

josh- I'm saving my "1911 cherry" (please excuse me) for my grandfathers .45 I learned to shoot on.

Don- My gunsmith/dealer has a Model 25 .45 Colt for sale. It was a factory flub for the GA Dept. of Corrections (yes, the irony is there) and has a 5" barrel with a half-lug. My concern is the cost of .45 LC and that most factory loads are, from what I understand, mild. Very tempting...I'll see what he wants for it.

Picking new ones is damn tough...

-L7

How about a high quality 9mm short/.380acp pistol. Great fun at the range, cheap to feed and very deadly if needed. Especially if you get one with a higer capacity magazine.

I just got a new Beretta 84FS Cheetah with a 13 round magazine and i look forward to lots of fun with it at the range.
attachment.php

Lucky 7

No .380s for me. I talked myself outta buying one and am glad I did b/c I found my 19-3 a day later.

Big Bores is where I'm thinking it's at right now.

-L7

Big Bores is where I'm thinking it's at right now.
I have gone the oposite way lately. Buying things like Seecamps, NAA Guardian, S&W 637, Walther PPK, and the Cheetah.

Mainly because I have five .357mags, three .45colts, and two .44mags handguns already.:)

I also think the .380 is the most under-rated round.

Lucky 7

See? You have your big bores, time for me to get mine! :p

.380 is a good round that's why I almost selected it as my carry gun (was gonna buy a Sig 232 two-tone), but I had an chance at a whistle clean Model 19. No regrets on that purchase. :D

Fremmer

I think I would get a special gun with that thousand. A Colt Python or Woodsman; Smith and Wesson target .22; a really nice .45 ACP; Sig P210; HK P7; etc.

Something you don't see that often, that is really nice, and shoots really well. :)

See? You have your big bores, time for me to get mine!
Oh yes...if you do not have them definately get them. Nothing like a big ol' boom at the range. I might suggest a S&W 629 with a 3" or 4" barrel. A very fine big bore. :D

but I had an chance at a whistle clean Model 19. No regrets on that purchase.
In the end that is all that matters. As long as we are happy with what we bought who cares what the guys that like to pi$$ on everyone elses purchases think. Who cares if they think it is too small, too plastic, to ugly, too big, too old fashioned, or too anything. :)