10-guage

Does anyone know where a reasonably priced pump action 100-guage can be purchased?

:D

------------------
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me
Phil 4:13

swatman

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan Chenault:
Does anyone know where a reasonably priced pump action 100-guage can be purchased?

:D

100 gauge???????? :D

[/quote]

Strabs

WOW...100 gauge. That must be like shooting dust. One question, does Federal make a tactical load in that chambering?

fal308

Staff Alumnus
The only 10 ga. shotguns that I've seen for sale the last several years have been semi-auto. Remington makes the SP-10 and I still see the old Ithaca Mag 10 Roadblockers occassionally at gunshows.

Bud1

Browning makes a BPS in 10 gauge. I've seen them new for around $450 - $500; you might want to check with your local gun shops about tracking one down.

Be warned, although this is one heavy piece of equipment, it packs a heck of a lot of recoil.

[This message has been edited by Bud1 (edited February 04, 2000).]

Shok

I would recomend a 12guage 3 1/2". Almost as effective as 10 guage but is more popular and you can buy a wider range of factory loads.

Shok

Puddle Pirate

IME 10 guage = "ouch" But they do make a wonderful roaring sound (which you hear for about 2 hours after you put it up)

------------------
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-8.

Solitar

Why a pump? Given the amount of shot going downrange from one or two rounds AND the impact on your shoulder AND the expense of each round, a double barrel is more than adequate. Besides, you'll need the weight of the extra barrel to deal with the recoil which, take it from someone who has a SxS 10 gauge, is no worse than a 30-06 (though the gun is HEAVY - as in 10 lbs!

The 10gauge also patterns much better than a 3 1/2" 12 gauge since the shot is not strung out so far and since less of it contacted the bore on the way out and thus is less deformed.

Now if we could find a source for reasonably priced 10 gauge ammo...