10 22 with X-22 Backpacker stock

reteach

Hello, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Holidays.
I have a Ruger 10 22 with, as the subject line says, a Magpul X-22 Backpacker stock. If you're at all familiar with them, you know there is a storage compartment in the hand grip. (There's one in the stock, too, but it's made to hold extra magazines. I know you can put other things in there, but mine will be loaded up with magazines.).

Give me some ideas for what to store in the hand grip. I'm low on creativity, I guess. I have thought of a bore snake. That's all I can come up with. Those of you who have a Magpul X-22, what do you keep in that space?

Thanks.

FrankenMauser

My son and I have gone through a few 10/22s, with the X-22 stocks being the easiest way to get a picatinny rail mounted while still remaining legal for competition.
Two are in X-22 Hunter stocks. One is in the original version of the backpacker stock.

My advice for the grip is to do something useful, or something foolish.
Fill it with tools that you are willing to lose. Because you never know when it will decide to open without permission.
Or fill it with Skittles. Because you never know when you will need a sugary snack. (And if it opens without permission, you're only out a handful of Skittles.)

reteach

A small bottle might fit. I can't check that right now but I like that idea. Something to help with cleaning.

I like the food idea, too. Not Skittles, but maybe a ziplock bag of cashews or something like for that time I get hangry. Or going with the bottle idea, maybe a few swallows of something caffeinated.

Thanks for the replies.