10/22 Sight Upgrade....

Shadi Khalil

*Sorry about the huge pics*

At least I think so. I'm sure that there are plenty of people who will tell me its more of a downgrade. They are Williams Fire Sights..

My biggest problem with the stock sights was the front brass dot (and the fact that rear sight cracked in half). It was impossible for me to see in all kinds of lighting and I have really good eyesight.

I am building this rifle up to be a survival type rifle so I'm not worried about shooting long distance. I took them out for a test run today and shot at some water bottles and some paper plates from about 20 yards and they worked great. It's simple to quickly bring the rifle up and get on target with the fiber optics. Installation must be a breeze because my smith had them on and off in just a few minutes. From what I understand its just a matter of tapping the sights in and out, however I would still find a way to muck it up. It seemed like he was able to get them zeroed in pretty well considering the groups I shot today. I wish I had taken pictures.We are headed to the in laws in the country this weekend so I'll have a chance to try all types of stuff I can't do at home or in an indoor range; things like rapid fire, shooting while on the move and beyond 100 yards.

Next, I plan on adding a sling and promag barrel band that I can hang stuff off of. I'd also like to get replace the stock with a Houge in olive drab and possibly a UTG bipod. So much for keeping the gun stock..For those of you interested, I've included the part number below. Apparently, there are a few different types floating around on the interwebs that are of lower quality, possibly knock offs. I played it safe and bought them from Ruger for something like $32 after shipping and tax.

The original stock sights that just cracked right off.

The 10/22 "All Weather" in all its glory.

Thanks.

sigp226wgerman

Was installation simple? Any Loctite needed? Thinking about switching, 10/22 factory sights suck but I dont wanna spend $70 on tech sights.

Shadi Khalil

Sig,

$25 and no loctite needed. Just steel punch mallet and some kind of vice.

Grizz,

I'm not sure on getting all green sights but it seems simple enough to switch out

Panfisher

I did the exact same thing on my 10/22 a couple years ago, it was a better upgrade than a trigger job as far as making the rifle a good useful firearm for me. I couldn't see the originals, and when it broke in half like yours did, it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to the rifle.