10/22 - Quick Question

Wraith

So I did a quick search of TFL and google, but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Anybody know of a cheap drop in trigger group for the 10/22? After shooting NCAA Rifle for 2 years I have grown a great distaste for my stock 10/22. I would like to start the modding (if I start will it ever stop?!) with a better trigger.

I am not looking for anything fancy or "match", just something that will lighten the trigger pull below super-human levels.

Thanks.

~Wraith

20cows

The factory trigger group is great on mine, so I haven't paid much attention to the after market ones. However, I have seen them advertized in both the Brownell's and Midway catalogues.

Russ5924

There maybe cheap out there but you are probably better staying with stock.Why don't you send it to a GOOD gunsmith and have it done on your trigger group.I did one myself just clean and polish all the parts not as good as the one from the gunsmith but darn close,For a decent trigger you got to say about $200 the gunsmith about $50 :)

DAVID NANCARROW

Either the V hammer or the one made by Power Custom is a pretty good choice. I have the PC in mine, along with the extra washers they provide-takes the side to side slop out of it.

keano44

The trigger on my 10/22 was so bad, it made the rifle impossible to shoot consistently accurate. I installed a drop-in Volquartsen target hammer. What a world of difference it made. Ordered the parts through Midway, if I remember correctly, for less than $40 including shipping. Best money I ever spent in the gun customizing/improvement category. My otherwise factory stock 10/22 is now a tackdriver and a pleasure to plink and hunt with. Came with a replacement spring and washers as mentioned above.

IDriveB5

check out weaponkraft, the "ultimate upgrade package" for $75 you get all kinds of goodies including a VQ hammer, extractor, bolt buffer and something else, cant remember right off. also, be sure to check out www.rimfircentral.com , i just bought a 10/22 and there is so much info on those forums its amazing.

daniel

smince

I only put the VQ trigger in mine first. It did lighten the pull as advertised, but there was still a considerable amount of "creep". I later added the VQ sear. I would opt now for the hammer/sear/washer package, either from VQ or Power. Both are excellent. I also added a Clark extractor, as loaded rounds wouldn't always extract from my match-chambered heavy barrel.

As an aside, I put my match trigger housing into a standard 10/22 with no other custom work. It shoots ALMOST as good as the heavy, but retains standard configuration. It is true that a good trigger is the best accuracy modification you can do.

Raymond Losli

Railroader has the right idea.. Hawktecharms
I got some Volq. parts: Carbon tension and some other goodies from them./ Competitively priced and fast service.

I bought the Volq. target Hammer & shims, spring package. It pulled Exactly 2 lbs. on the scale when put in.