+1 to the Armed Citizen

sterno

Suspects shot by jewelry store owner, employee during attempted robbery

04:28 PM CDT on Tuesday, July 19, 2005

WWLTV.com

A jewelry store owner and a fellow employee shot and wounded two suspects during an apparent attempted armed robbery in Marrero Tuesday morning.

WWL-TV

The owner of Breaux's Jewelers and an employee there fired on a pair of would-be robbers, wounding both of them.

According to Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman Colonel Bob Garner, a man dressed as an elderly woman strolled into Breaux’s Jewelry in the 1900 block of Barataria and announced he was going to rob the place.

Garner said the man took out a gun and fired and the store's owner, Michael Breaux, grabbed his own gun and a battle ensued during which the suspect was shot in the face. Garner said a second man then began firing into the store from outside and an employee grabbed the wounded suspect’s gun and also began shooting, hitting the man outside two to three times.

Both suspects ended up at the hospital, according to Garner, who said the second suspect may have been driven there by a getaway driver.

The store owner suffered a minor graze wound that may have been caused by a gunshot or flying glass.

More details are expected shortly on this story.

They say that they're going to file charges IF these two guys make it out of surgury.

payne

My dad called me last night to tell me this story. He saw it on the news down in New Orleans. He flies down there every Tues morn to work and comes back on Thurs night. Anyway, I was waiting for someone to post it on here. He said that the news reporters said a 40 magnum was one of the firearms. I laughed and said, "You mean 44mag?" He said no, they said 40 mag. :confused: Oh well, guess another case of media poeple not knowing to much about firearms. Just glad the store owner and employee were relatively unharmed and the attempted robbers got what they deserved.

Trapp

Now you ain't no coonass livin down da road up dere in Northern Louisiana. Once you souta ah Ten fo a while, you can tok like dat......yeah

rugerdude

+1 to the armed citizen, +2 to the employee who had the sense to grab the first BG's gun and shoot the second BG.

Rojoe67

Good news is always a delight.....

I hate to sound vulgar but can we hope two bad guys later passed due to loss of blood and tissue damage? Sure would hate to hear that tax payers will have to house these fine individuals for 20 years at the state pen. Very happy that 2 good citizens are fine.

sm

<shudder>

Dressed as an elderly woman , not a new MO, brings back a b-a-d experience in another life for me...in that experience it was a Model 29 -real damn sure of it - some things stick in your memory.

Thumbs up to the store owner being armed and fighting back, and to the employee for using the downed BGs gun to fight as well.