1" scope rings for .22LR

Omega blood

How to find 1" scope rings for a .22LR with a 40mm objective lense? The rings I bought are too wide to mount on the rail of my .22.:(

FirstFreedom

You bought Weaver or Picatinney style rings, for full-sized rifles (centerfires). You need instead rings advertised as "Rimfire", ".22", "Rimfire Dovetail", "3/8th"", "9mm", or "10mm". Usually they just say ".22" rings. I like Lynx or Burris for rimfires. 11mm rings would probably work too, but they're not ideal. What rifle is it?

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Most of what are called ".22 scopes" are 1/2" or 3/4" tubes, with rings to match. I'm behind the curve about anybody making 1" rings and bases for the grooves on a .22 rimfire; dunno who does that.

You might have to have a competent gunsmith drill and tap the receiver for "real" mounts.

Art

Omega blood

It's a Magtech 7022 AKA Mossberg plinkster 702. I currently have a 3/4 scope on it but the field of vision is too small. So got what I could afford at wallmart(yea, I know:rolleyes: ) I'll try turners on monday since I will also be getting a bipod.

22-rimfire

My first 22 rifle was a Mossberg. Very accurate little rifle. I commonly shot near one-hole groups at 25 yards with mine. I used to shot the first "hole" and then sight on it for subsequent shots. Loved that rifle. Still have it, but unfortunately the Mossbergs seem to wear out (pins shear, springs etc.) or at least mine did. I just got a new 1" 22 scope; think I better check it to see if it will fit on the dove tail grooves on another 22.

Lycanthrope

Just order BKL #257 rings. Works on both 3/8th and 11mm grooved rimfires. One inch tubes.

www.bkltech.com

Excellent rings.

Yep. BKL does it for about everyone. It's not usually the rings of wrong diameter.....you can find 1" rings at Wal Mart. It's that the rail is smaller. Either 3/8 or 11mm.