0.45 ACP Help

GuateShooter

I need data for load 0.45 ACP, I have a 230 gn lead bullet SWC, winchester 231, Please I need COL and gn of powder,thanks

DaveInPA

Just a note, I know it is scientifically/mathematically proper to write it 0.45, but in gun terms, you'll see it written .45 ACP.

Also, buy at least two reloading manuals and READ THEM. There is A LOT you need to know other than just powder charge and OAL to properly and safely load ammunition. Plus, having two manuals is useful in comparing load data.

;)

Zeek5793

Amen to what Dave said but at least 2 reloading manuals is not near enough, I have 8 and I still look on the Internet sometime for data,, and the people at this site have a world of knowledge keep looking GOD Bless & Be safe Zeek

wncchester

Load a dummy round with your SWC, seating it to allow crimping in the crimp ring. See if it will feed from your magazine and chamber easily, if it does, that's YOUR proper OAL.

If it's too long to work through the magazine seat it deeper until it works, then you have the correct OAL for your weapon.

See any loading manual or web site for proper charges.